Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

"Use only water as your medium/inspiration today."
Black paint + Gloss Mod Podge + Water =
Day10
Yes, that's real water on top of it. And underneath, a painting and a couple of layers of Mod Podge. Mod Podge is advertised as a "Waterbase sealer, glue & finish", so probably not the smartest thing to use, but certainly the most available at the time. Besides, it works just fine if you do it fast enough. Even better if you wait a few hours for it to dry, but I didn't have a few hours, so I had to work relatively fast. Turned out well, though, and I didn't even plan the lovely shadows in the corners. I'm very happy with the shine, however. It took a while (which I just barely had) to find the right angle for that reflection, but it's exactly the way I wanted it to be. I think this is going to be another of my favorites. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment